We are Cleaning Experts
SERVPRO of Norcross is here to help anyway possible. Call us at 770-858-5000.
SERVPRO is Here to Help during this time of need.
During this unprecedented time caused by the global pandemic of coronavirus, this is a reminder to our customers that we are specialists in cleaning services, and we adhere to the highest cleaning and sanitation standards. We can provide fogging services to disinfect.
We are prepared to clean and disinfect your home or business, according to protocols set forth by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. We have years of experience in dealing with biological contaminants, and we will go beyond the scope of work that regular janitorial staff perform on a daily basis.
The CDC encourages cleaning of high-touch surfaces such as counters, tabletops, doorknobs, light switches, bathroom fixtures, toilets, phones, keyboards, tablets and tables. Other spaces mentioned in the CDC’s guidance for commercial spaces include:
- Kitchen/Food Areas
- Retail Spaces
- Water Fountains
- Sales Counters
- Carpets and Rugs
- Stair Handrails
- Elevator Cars
- Playground Equipment
- Fitness Equipment
The CDC recommends usage of a labeled hospital-grade disinfectant with claims against similar pathogens to the coronavirus. Multiple products in the SERVPRO product line carry the EPA-approved emerging pathogens claims. While there is currently no product tested against this particular strain of the coronavirus, we are following all guidelines as provided by the CDC and local authorities. Disinfectants with fogging uses are great for getting into hard to reach areas in facilities to provide additional disinfecting power.
Call Today for a Proactive Cleaning
If your home or business needs deep cleaning services, call the experts today – [SERVPRO of Norcross, 770-858-5000]
Cleanliness of Water Can Affect Your Water Damage.
24/7 emergency line: 770-858-5000
When you have a water intrusion in your home or business there are many elements that affect the steps needed to protect and restore your property. One of the first determinations we make on the site of residential or commercial water damage is the contamination level of the water. We call this water category and the category of water that affected your building or home will have a huge impact on the job that we have to do. The cleaner the water, the more we can save instead of throwing away and replacing building materials, which means a cheaper, less invasive, and shorter job altogether.
Here at SERVPRO of Norcross the IICRC’s standards are what we follow to ensure every water mitigation and remediation job we tackle is done correctly. The Institute of Inspection Cleaning and Restoration Certification (IICRC) is the organization that sets the restoration industry's standards and practices. When it comes to the sanitary level of water there are three levels:
- Category 1: Clean and Sanitary. Typically comes from a sanitary source such as faucets, toilet tanks, drinking fountains, or water heaters.
- Category 2: Grey Water which can cause illness or discomfort if ingested. Typical sources are dish washers, washing machine overflows, flush from sink drains, or toilet overflows with urine (no feces)
- Category 3: Black Water is grossly unsanitary which could cause severe illness or death if ingested. This includes sewer backups, flooding from rivers or streams, toilet overflow with feces, and stagnant liquid which has supported microbial growth.
These categories are also time-dependent. Category 1 clean water will become contaminated category 2 water after 48 hours. Another 24 hours after that it becomes a category 3 loss. This change in a category means a tremendous difference in the scope of work, cost of remediation, and time of job.
If you are experiencing water damage, call us on our 24/7 emergency line: 770-858-5000.
Prepare your Business for a Storm
SERVPRO of Norcross 770-858-5000 so we can help your business better prepare.
In recent years, many different types of disasters have affected the United States. Flooding, tornadoes, hurricanes, wildfires, and blizzards are natural disasters that can threaten your home, business, and community. Your local SERVPRO® Franchise Professionals want you and your customers to be aware of the steps to take to help prepare for the worst.
How quickly your company can get back to business after a natural disaster often depends on today's emergency planning. While each situation is different, your organization can be better prepared if you put an emergency procedure in place, and practice for all kinds of emergencies. A commitment to begin planning today will help support your employees, customers, the community, the local economy, and the country. It also protects your business investment and gives your company a better chance for survival.
- Be Informed. Do you know what kind of emergencies might affect your company? Do you know what you will do in an emergency?
- Develop a Business Continuity Plan. Do you know which staff, procedures, and equipment are necessary to keep operating? Do you have backup plans for those operations? Do you know what you will do if your building or plant is not accessible? Do you know what you will do if a disaster impacts your suppliers? Are you ready for utility disruptions?
- Prepare your Emergency Plan. Do you have an evacuation and shelter-in-place plan? Do you have a plan to communicate with employees before, during, and after an incident? Do you have copies of buildings and site maps with utilities and emergency routes marked? Are your employees trained for medical emergencies?
- Practice the Emergency Plan. Have you practiced your plan recently? Do you practice and coordinate with other businesses in your building or industrial complex? Have you reviewed your plans in the last 12 months?
- Review of Insurance Coverage. Have you reviewed your insurance coverage recently to see if you're covered in a disaster?
- Secure Your Facility and Equipment. Have you secured all the ways people, products, and supplies get into your building? Have you conducted a room-by-room walk-through to determine what can be strapped down?
- Improve Cyber Security. Do you regularly install patches to your software? Have you installed a firewall on your computer? Do you regularly update your antivirus software?
- Promote Family and Individual Preparedness. Do you encourage employees to have a personal emergency supply kit and a family communication plan?
If you answered "No" to any of these questions, call SERVPRO of Norcross 770-858-5000 so we can help your business better prepare.
Smoke Alarm Tips
Have Questions about Fires? Call Us Today – 770-858-5000
Smoke alarms are very important. They must be installed and maintained properly because they play a vital role in saving lives. Having a smoke alarm can reduce the risk of fire injury.
Smoke Alarm Tips
- Install smoke alarms inside and outside each bedroom and sleeping area.
- Install alarms on every level of the home. Smoke alarms should be interconnected. When one sounds, they all sound.
- Smoke alarms should be installed 10 feet away from cooking appliance to prevent false alarms.
- Replace all smoke alarms every 10 years.
- Replace batteries in all smoke alarms at least once year.
(Daylight Savings Time works well for maintenance.)
- Test smoke alarms once a month
- Clean Dust from sensor openings.
Have Questions about Fires? Call SERVPRO of Norcross Today – 770-858-5000
Does Your Commercial Building Have an Emergency Ready Profile?
Call SERVPRO of Norcross at 770-858-5000 to schedule an appointment.
Property Managers and business owners know that things can happen without much warning, it could from a busted pipe to an unexpected fire.
Some businesses never recover following a disaster. Those businesses that survive had some sort of plan in place. This Emergency Ready Profile can minimize business interruption by having an immediate plan of action. Knowing what to do and what to expect in advance is the key to timely mitigation and can help minimize how water and fire damage can affect your business.
SERVPRO of Norcross Emergency READY Profile (or ERP) is a tool you will always have in the palm of your hand. It is an app on your phone where you can download on your IOS or Android device. By completing the ERP, you will have access to the property details, property location, building access, blueprints of the building, utilities information, emergency contacts, photos of the shut off locations, etc.
To learn more about SERVPRO’s Emergency READY Profile you can visit ready.SERVPRO.com or call SERVPRO of Norcross at 770-858-5000 to schedule an appointment.
Are you ready for the next emergency?
Call SERVPRO of Norcross 24/7 at 770-858-5000. We are here to help.
Preparation is the key to making it through any size disaster, whether it is a small water leak, a large fire, or an area flood. The best time to plan for such events is not when the event happens, but well before it happens. No one ever plans on a disaster, but now, you can plan for it.
There is no better time than the present to review your emergency plan. Emergencies can happen unexpectedly in communities just like ours, to people just like you. Tornado outbreaks, river floods, flash floods, historical earthquakes, and even water main breaks and power outages in U.S. cities affecting millions of people for days at a time.
In recent years, many different types of disasters have affected the United States. Flooding, tornadoes, hurricanes, wildfires, and blizzards are natural disasters that can threaten your home, business, and community. SERVPRO of Norcross want you and your customers to be aware of the steps to take to help prepare for Mother Nature's worst.
Now is the time to think about the basics, things you will need in advance of an emergency, how you will communicate, what supplies you will need to keep in your home, car, or office. Use the list provided here to build an emergency supply kit to ensure your family is equipped and ready for any disaster type. The more you know about what to do in an emergency, the more confident and secure you will feel in your abilities to manage through a disaster.
Contact SERVPRO of Norcross Professionals for more information and tools to help you be "Ready for whatever happens."
When Storms or Floods hit Norcross, SERVPRO is ready!
When Storms or Floods hit Norcross, SERVPRO is ready!
SERVPRO of Norcross specializes in storm and flood damage restoration. Our crews are highly trained, and we use specialized equipment to restore your properties. We provide 24 hours a day, 7 days a week residential and commercial services.
Since we are locally owned and operated, we can respond quicker with the right resources. A quicker response lessens the damage, limits further damage, and reduces the restoration cost.
Resources to Handle Floods and Storms
When storms hit Norcross, we can scale our resources to handle a large storm or flooding disaster. We can access equipment and personnel from a network of 1,650 Franchises across the country and elite Disaster Recovery Teams that are strategically located throughout the United States.
Have Storm or Flood Damage? Call Us Today (770) 858-5000
Tips on What to do During a Thunderstorm!
Storm Damage? Call SERVPRO of Norcross at 770-858-5000.
Here are some tips on what to do before, during and after a thunderstorm when it comes to lightning protection.
Before a Thunderstorm
Limit electric contact in and around your home by:
- Remove dead tree branches near your house which could ignite and cause a fire if struck by lightning.
- Unplug all appliances before the storm hits to prevent power surges.
- Close all blinds and shades.
During a Thunderstorm
Once a storm has started, there are additional safety measures to take.
- Stay away from windows.
- Avoid phone use - telephone lines can conduct electricity.
- Stay away from faucets, sinks and bathtubs.
- Stay away from water if you're stuck outside. Get inside or in a car.
- Keep the windows shut if you're in a car. Pull to the side of the road to wait until the heavy rain subsides. Keep away from trees that could fall on your car.
- Find a place outside that is unlikely to flood, if you can't find shelter. Avoid tall structures such as towers, trees, fences, telephone lines and power lines.
After a thunderstorm
Lightning can strike your home or other areas of your property. If you have storm damaged, call SERVPRO of Norcross at 770-858-5000.
Four Main Reasons on Why it is Vital to Hire a Fire Damage Service Professional
Have smoke or soot damage? Call SERVPRO 24/7 - 770-858-5000
Fires can happen any time unexpectedly. Some people are unprepared on what to do for clean up after the fire occurs, which is why it is important to hire a professional fire damage cleaning company.
The four main reasons on why it is vital to hire a fire damage service professional.
- Unforeseen damages – With the unforeseen damages in the home, it is a possibility that it is no longer safe to live in.
- Smoke and soot. – Soot can cover a lot of things in the home, and it is very difficult to remove. Smoke can linger for years, and many people don’t realize it’s there. There are many places that smoke can get into, such as walls or air ducts. It can make the air unhealthy to breathe in, especially for children and elderly.
- Right equipment – Hiring a cleanup service will allow the homeowners to save time and assurance that the home is well taken care of.
- Structural damage – There can be structural damage from fire, or the water used to put out the fire, which can lead to big problems in the future if it is not taken care of immediately.
Don’t delay the cleanup process, the sooner the better and the less damage repair will need to be done. If you have any questions, feel free to contact SERVPRO of Norcross. 770-585-5000
Be Prepared for Severe Weather
Severe Storm Damage? Call SERVPRO of Norcross - 770-858-5000
Severe weather can happen anytime and anywhere. Being prepared for a severe weather is critical to staying safe. Deadly weather can cause more than $8 billion in property damage. Many businesses affected by the disasters never reopen, so it is very important to be prepared.
Know Your Risk. You need to understand the type of hazardous weather that can affect where you live and work. Your shelter plan should include all types of local hazards because severe weather comes in many forms.
Take Action. You need to create communications plan for your home or business. You will need to put together an emergency kit. Also, keep your important papers and valuables in a safe place.
Be an Example. Once you have taken the action to prepare for the severe weather, share your story on social media. Your preparedness story may inspire others to do the same.
What should be in your Emergency Kit?
- Manual can opener
- Battery operated radio
- Flashlight with extra batteries
- First aid kit
- Whistle – so you can signal for help
- Dust mask
- Plastic sheeting, garbage bags, and duct tape
- Wrench or pliers to turn off utilities
- Hygiene items
- Important documents – copies of insurance policies, I.D and bank account information
- Fire extinguisher
- Matches in a waterproof container