Restoring Your Commercial Property After A Water Damage Event!
Water Damage? Call us at 770-858-5000.
Flooding and water damage events at commercial properties are often complex with numerous issues that require a knowledgeable and quick responses. Whether we are dealing with a relatively small water cleanup scenario or a large-scale event, we work quickly as possible to assess each unique situation and isolate the damaged area. In many instances, normal operations can continue in a temporary space while we restore your facility.
Restoring Commercial Properties Presents Unique Challenges
Our professionals are trained to be mindful of legal and environmental concerns and strive to fully restore the damaged area while working within your budgetary constraints. We understand that every hour spent cleaning up is an hour of lost revenue and productivity. So, when an emergency arises in your business, give us a call and we’ll be there fast with the help you need.
About SERVPRO of Norcross
SERVPRO of Norcross specializes in the cleanup and restoration of commercial and residential property after a water damage event. Our staff is highly trained in property damage restoration. From initial and ongoing training at SERVPRO’s corporate training facility to regular IICRC-industry certification, rest assured our staff is equipped with the knowledge to restore your property.
Do’s and Don’ts after a fire.
Call SERVPRO of Norcross, 770-858-5000.
What To Do After A Fire
- Call SERVPRO of Norcross, 770-858-5000.
- Keep you hands clean.
- Don’t touch upholstery, walls or woodwork.
- Limit movement in the home to prevent soot particles from being embedded into upholstery and carpets.
- Place clean towels or old linens on rugs, upholstery and carpet traffic areas.
- If electricity is off, empty freezer and refrigerator and prop doors open.
- Clean and protect chrome with light coating of petroleum jelly or oil.
- Wash houseplants on both sides of leaves.
- Change HVAC filter.
- Tape double layers of cheesecloth over air registers.
What NOT To Do After A Fire
- Don’t touch, move or clean anything until you reach our experts at Servrpo of Norcross.
- Don't attempt to wash any walls or painted surfaces or shampoo carpet or upholstery.
- Don't attempt to clean any electrical appliances that may have been close to fire, heat or water without consulting an authorized repair service.
- Don't use any canned or packaged food or beverages that may have been stored near the fire, heat, or water.
- Don't turn on ceiling fixtures if ceiling is wet. The wiring may be damaged.
- Don't send garments to an ordinary dry cleaner. Improper cleaning may set smoke odor.
Summer Safety Tips
There is nothing like firing up the grill during the summer months! Did you know, Summertime is the season for grill fires? A backyard barbecue can become dangerous quickly if proper safety precautions aren’t considered. Your local SERVPRO of Norcross wants you to have an enjoyable and safe summer. Consider the following tips to help ensure your summer celebrations are disaster-free!
- Propane and charcoal BBQ grills should only be used outdoors.
- The grill should be placed well away from the home, deck railings and out from under eaves and overhanging branches.
- Keep children and pets away from grill area.
- Keep your grill clean by removing grease or fat buildup from the grills and in trays below the grill.
- Never leave your grill unattended.
- When using a charcoal grill, let the coals completely cool before disposing of in a metal container.
- Anyone using fireworks or standing nearby should wear protective eyewear.
- Do not try to re-light or handle malfunctioning fireworks. Keep a bucket of water nearby to fully extinguish fireworks that don’t go off or in case of fire.
- Children should never pick up fireworks that may be leftover as they may still be active.
The safest way to enjoy fireworks is to attend a public display conducted by trained professionals
When Storms or Floods hit Norcross, SERVPRO is ready!
When Storms or Floods hit Norcross, SERVPRO is ready!
SERVPRO of Norcross specializes in storm and flood damage restoration. Our crews are highly trained, and we use specialized equipment to restore your properties. We provide 24 hours a day, 7 days a week residential and commercial services.
Since we are locally owned and operated, we can respond quicker with the right resources. A quicker response lessens the damage, limits further damage, and reduces the restoration cost.
Resources to Handle Floods and Storms
When storms hit Norcross, we can scale our resources to handle a large storm or flooding disaster. We can access equipment and personnel from a network of 1,650 Franchises across the country and elite Disaster Recovery Teams that are strategically located throughout the United States.
Have Storm or Flood Damage? Call Us Today (770) 858-5000
Water damage you can’t see.
Call us at 770-858-5000.
While inspecting the damage, our technicians are trained to check surfaces surrounding the immediate location. We have the proper equipment to detect elevated moisture levels. Our extensive water damage restoration training will professionally mitigate while monitoring and documenting the drying process. A fast response lessens the damage, limits further damage, and reduces cost. We are dedicated to responding immediately to water emergencies.
Water travels. Just because you can't see water doesn't mean it's not wet!
If you have water damage, let our team of specialists inspect your damage. SERVPRO of Norcross 770-858-5000.
How SERVPRO of Norcross Handles Mold?
MOLD? Call SERVPRO of Norcross at 770-858-5000 for an inspection.
Mold can be found almost anywhere; they can grow on virtually any organic substance if moisture and oxygen are present. There are molds that can grow on wood, paper, carpet, foods, and insulation. Molds reproduce by making spores that usually cannot be seen without magnification.
In a standard situation, SERVPRO of Norcross professionals examine the structure for any visible signs of mold and remove the mold growth and excess spores returning the area back to normal levels. Some situations require the assistance of an Indoor Air Quality/Environmental Professional (IEP) with specialized equipment and services needed to assess and/or repair the structure. IEPs can test and clear a structure for mold by collecting air and surface samples. Then they can determine whether the mold has been successfully decontaminated. SERVPRO of Norcross handles mold remediation work daily and know when prompt action is required to prevent further mold growth. We are trained to control microbial problems in structures by promptly drying wet or damp materials according to the Institute of Inspection Cleaning and Restoration Certification. SERVPRO of Norcross is Certified Mold through IAQA.
Put us on your To-do list today by calling (770) 858-5000
SERVPRO works closely with our commercial clients to avoid closure or a shut down even after a major water crisis to your warehouse or other commercial properties. We highly encourage business owners to consult with us. By developing an Emergency READY Profile, you can pinpoint all critical information about your operation into a plan. Once finished with that plan, the information can be shared with, and will be easily accessible to our local water damage restoration experts.
A systematic review of your preparedness can limit the effects of inevitable leaking, moving, or standing water to your bottom line. Take advantage of our training and expertise by scheduling a thorough assessment of your warehouse and other operations. There is no charge for our review of your facilities, and we will use the information gathered to ready our team should the worst happen. You can identify your business’s key personnel, so we know who to consult when a commercial water damage disaster strikes even if you are not always available. Details such as warehouse layout and the location of utilities, important documents, and priority areas within your building clarify and order the restoration and mitigation tasks needed to be completed, ensuring our team of water damage restoration technicians are “Ready for whatever happens.” Our staff will take photos and scope out the dimensions of your warehouse to assist with our post water damage work.
Locally Owned and Ready for Any Job!
Although best case scenario you will never have to use your Emergency READY Profile, preparedness is key to ensure efficiency when the unexpected happens. So, give us a call today at (770) 858-5000! Don’t delay, let your local SERVPRO help you prepare today!
Smoke and Soot
Smoke or soot damage? Call 770-858-5000.
Smoke and Soot facts:
- Hot smoke migrates to cooler areas and upper levels of a structure.
- Smoke flows around plumbing systems, seeping through the holes used by pipes to go from floor to floor.
- The type of smoke may greatly affect the restoration process.
Different Types of Smoke
There are two different types of smoke–wet and dry. As a result, there are different types of soot residue after a fire. Before restoration begins, SERVPRO of Norcross will test the soot to determine which type of smoke damage occurred. The cleaning procedures will then be based on the information identified during pretesting. Here is some additional information:
Wet Smoke – Plastic and Rubber
- Low heat, smoldering, pungent odor, sticky, smeary. Smoke webs are more difficult to clean.
Dry Smoke – Paper and Wood
- Fast burning, high temperatures, heat rises therefore smoke rises.
Protein Fire Residue – Produced by evaporation of material rather than from a fire
- Virtually invisible, discolors paints and varnishes, extreme pungent odor.
Our Fire Damage Restoration Services
Since each smoke and fire damage situation is a little different, each one requires a unique solution tailored for the specific conditions. We have the right equipment, expertise, and experience to restore your fire and smoke damage property.
Have Questions about Fire, Smoke, or Soot Damage?
Contact SERVPRO of Norcross. 770-585-5000.
Spring Home Maintenance Tips
Questions? Call SERVPRO of Norcross at 770-858-5000.
Spring has arrived and it has welcomed us Georgians in a bipolar way. We are still not sure if we should keep are heaters around or put them up. It’s also that time of year to conduct some home maintenance that will help homeowners avoid big repair bills later on.
- Inspect your roof; it is your home’s first line of defense against water damage.
- Clean your gutters; it directs the rain away from your roof and home
- Clean or replace HVAC filters; a dirty filter forces your heat, ventilation, and AC system to work harder.
- Check the washing machine fill hose; sometimes a leaky hose under pressure can cause water damage in a short period of time.
- Clean your dryer vent; a clean vent will help reduce the time your dryer has to run, while a plugged vent not only wastes money but could cause a house fire.
- Replace the batteries on your smoke detectors; you never know when you will need them.
These tips may take a few days to complete but take it one step at a time and you’ll get them done.
24 Hour Emergency Water Damage Service
We Answer the Phone Ready to Help! Call Us Today – 770-858-5000.
SERVPRO of Norcross is available 24 hours a day for water emergencies, large or small. When you are dealing with water damage, immediate action is crucial. A delay of just a few hours can greatly increase the severity of the water damage.
We Answer the Phone Ready to Help
Call Today – 770-858-5000
We understand that when you call us, you may be feeling confused, stressed, and vulnerable. You need an expert to guide you through this crisis. SERVPRO of Norcross has the specific water damage training and experience to help you through this tough time. We specialize in water damage restoration—in fact, it's the cornerstone of our business.
What to Expect
When you call, we will ask several questions regarding your water damage emergency. These questions will help us determine what equipment and resources to bring, including how many trained SERVPRO Professionals may be needed.
Our SERVPRO Representative will ask several questions:
- Your name and contact information
- Your insurance information (if applicable)
- The street address of the water-damaged home or business
- When did the flooding or water damage occur?
- What caused the water damage (if known)?
- Is there electricity available (on-site)?
About SERVPRO of Norcross
SERVPRO of Norcross specializes in the cleanup and restoration of residential and commercial property after a fire, smoke or water damage event. Our staff is highly trained in property damage restoration. From initial and ongoing training at SERVPRO’s corporate training facility to regular IICRC-industry certification, rest assured our staff is equipped with the knowledge to restore your property.