Do you have enough insurance coverage on your home?
If you suffer damage to your home, call us at 770-858-5000.
If you’re carrying too much coverage, that means you’re overpaying. If you’re carrying too little, then you’re taking on too much risk. Life changes fast. And when it does, your property coverage probably needs to change, too.
Here’s how to find out if you’re properly covered:
- Did you remodel your home?
- Did you purchase a new home?
- Has it been more than 5 years since I have reviewed my homeowner’s policy?
- Are you covered for the actual cash value of your personal items, or do you have a replacement cost policy?
- Is your policy large enough to cover current rebuilding costs?
If you are not confident in your answers above, you will need to call you insurance agent to review your policy or policies.
If you suffer damage to your home, call the restoration experts at SERVPRO of Norcross and Duluth 770-858-5000.
Spring Home Maintenance Tips
Questions? Call SERVPRO of Norcross and Duluth at 770-858-5000.
Spring has arrived and it has welcomed us Georgians in a bipolar way. We are still not sure if we should keep are heaters around or put them up. It’s also that time of year to conduct some home maintenance that will help homeowners avoid big repair bills later on.
- Inspect your roof; it is your home’s first line of defense against water damage.
- Clean your gutters; it directs the rain away from your roof and home
- Clean or replace HVAC filters; a dirty filter forces your heat, ventilation, and AC system to work harder.
- Check the washing machine fill hose; sometimes a leaky hose under pressure can cause water damage in a short period of time.
- Clean your dryer vent; a clean vent will help reduce the time your dryer has to run, while a plugged vent not only wastes money but could cause a house fire.
- Replace the batteries on your smoke detectors; you never know when you will need them.
These tips may take a few days to complete but take it one step at a time and you’ll get them done.