Recent Water Damage Posts
We Specialize in Flooded Basement Cleanup and Restoration!
Basement Flooded? Call Us Today – We’re Ready to Help 770-585-5000
A basement can flood at any time, although flooding most often occurs during heavy rainfall. Basements are inherently prone to flooding since they are the lowest level of a building. They are normally built partly or entirely below ground level. There are several reasons why your basement could flood, including:
- A blocked or failed sewer lateral pipe
- Heavy rain causes surface water to pool around your home
- Storm sewer backup
- Sanitary sewer backup
- Foundation drainage failure
- Water supply-line break or hot-water tank failure
If flood water is not handled quickly and properly, it can jeopardize your health and safety, and cause severe damage to your home’s structure. Remember, the longer you wait, the worse the problem will get.
We are Flooded Basement Specialists:
- We are Available 24 hours/7 days per week
- We’re a Preferred Vendor to many National Insurance Companies
- We Bill the Insurance Directly – One Less Thing for You to Worry About
- Our Technicians are Highly Trained in Water Restoration Techniques
- We use s500 IICRC Restoration Standards
- Advanced Inspection and Extraction Equipment
Basement Flooded? Call SERVPRO of Norcross and Duluth Today – (770) 858-5000
Cleanliness of Water Can Affect Your Water Damage.
24/7 emergency line: 770-858-5000
When you have a water intrusion in your home or business there are many elements that affect the steps needed to protect and restore your property. One of the first determinations we make on the site of residential or commercial water damage is the contamination level of the water. We call this water category and the category of water that affected your building or home will have a huge impact on the job that we have to do. The cleaner the water, the more we can save instead of throwing away and replacing building materials, which means a cheaper, less invasive, and shorter job altogether.
Here at SERVPRO of Norcross and Duluth, the IICRC’s standards are what we follow to ensure every water mitigation and remediation job we tackle is done correctly. The Institute of Inspection Cleaning and Restoration Certification (IICRC) is the organization that sets the restoration industry's standards and practices. When it comes to the sanitary level of water there are three levels:
- Category 1: Clean and Sanitary. Typically comes from a sanitary source such as faucets, toilet tanks, drinking fountains, or water heaters.
- Category 2: Grey Water which can cause illness or discomfort if ingested. Typical sources are dish washers, washing machine overflows, flush from sink drains, or toilet overflows with urine (no feces)
- Category 3: Black Water is grossly unsanitary which could cause severe illness or death if ingested. This includes sewer backups, flooding from rivers or streams, toilet overflow with feces, and stagnant liquid which has supported microbial growth.
These categories are also time-dependent. Category 1 clean water will become contaminated category 2 water after 48 hours. Another 24 hours after that it becomes a category 3 loss. This change in a category means a tremendous difference in the scope of work, cost of remediation, and time of job.
If you are experiencing water damage, call us on our 24/7 emergency line: 770-858-5000.
Different Causes from Water Damage!
Call us 24/7 at 770-858-5000. We are here to help.
There are many possible causes of water damage. From leaky dishwashers to clogged toilets, broken pipes to overflowing washing machines, leaky roofs and many more, these are all possible causes of water damage in homes and businesses. Floods, heavy snow, and heavy rain are other possible causes of this type of damage and can lead to having water in basements. Water will find the path of least resistance and it would absorb into walls, floors, upholstery, and belongings. Once a home or business sustains water damage, it is important to start the water damage cleanup immediately. Starting water damage cleanup as soon as possible decreases the likelihood of water-soaked furniture, carpets, rugs, clothing, and other items. If not mitigated in a timely matter, you will increase the risk of having mold grow.
Have Water or Flood Damage?
Call SERVPRO of Norcross and Duluth Today – (770) 858-5000
Did you know that flooding is the most common natural disaster?
SERVPRO of Norcross and Duluth is always "Here to Help"! (770) 858-5000
Here in Georgia, we are no stranger to floods. The sky grows dark; the ominous clouds roll in. You see the gust of wind tousling the branches in the trees. The lightning flashes, thunder rumbles, and the next thing you know you hear the rain hit the roof of the house. You listen to the rain get heavier and louder. You watch the water accumulate across your property and then, what seems like a split second, the water in now intruding into your home.
Take the measures to prevent additional damage to your home or office, then call SERVPRO of Norcross and Duluth to properly take care of the damage that has already been done. We have a team of highly trained professionals who have been helping our community recover from water damage from flooding! Let us help make it "Like it never even happened."
If your Norcross home or commercial building is affected by a flood, give us a call day or night! SERVPRO of Norcross and Duluth is always "Here to Help"! (770) 858-5000
Water damage you can’t see.
Call us at 770-858-5000.
Our trained, professional technicians are ready to help! While inspecting the damage, our technicians are trained to check the surfaces of all the surrounding and the immediate location(s). We have all the proper equipment to detect elevated moisture levels. Our extensive water damage restoration training will professionally mitigate while monitoring and documenting the drying process. A fast response lessens the damage, limits further damage, and reduces cost. We are dedicated to responding immediately to water emergencies. Our technicians are available 24/7.
Water travels. Just because you can't see water doesn't mean it's not wet! Avoid further damage by calling us today.
If you have water damage, let our team of specialists inspect your damage. SERVPRO of Norcross and Duluth 770-858-5000.
24 Hour Emergency Water Damage Service
We Answer the Phone Ready to Help! Call Us Today! 770-858-5000.
SERVPRO of Norcross and Duluth is available 24 hours a day for water emergencies, large or small. When you are dealing with water damage, immediate action is crucial. A delay of just a few hours can greatly increase the severity of the water damage.
We Answer the Phone Ready to Help
Call Today – 770-858-5000
We understand that when you call us, you may be feeling confused, stressed, and vulnerable. You need an expert to guide you through this crisis. SERVPRO of Norcross and Duluth has the specific water damage training and experience to help you through this tough time. We specialize in water damage restoration—in fact, it's the cornerstone of our business.
What to Expect
When you call, we will ask several questions regarding your water damage emergency. These questions will help us determine what equipment and resources to bring, including how many trained SERVPRO Professionals may be needed.
Our SERVPRO Representative will ask several questions:
- Your name and contact information
- Your insurance information (if applicable)
- The street address of the water-damaged home or business
- When did the flooding or water damage occur?
- What caused the water damage (if known)?
- Is there electricity available (on-site)?
About SERVPRO of Norcross and Duluth
SERVPRO of Norcross and Duluth specializes in the cleanup and restoration of residential and commercial property after a fire, smoke or water damage event. Our staff is highly trained in property damage restoration. From initial and ongoing training at SERVPRO’s corporate training facility to regular IICRC-industry certification, rest assured our staff is equipped with the knowledge to restore your property.
Faster to your Norcross and Duluth Water Damage Event!
Emergency Water Damage? Call us at 770-858-5000
Flooding and water emergencies can happen abruptly. It does not wait for regular business hours and neither do we. SERVPRO of Norcross and Duluth provides emergency cleaning and restoration services 24 hours a day, 7 days a week - including all holidays.
Faster to Any Size Disaster
Flooding and water damage are very invasive. Water quickly spreads throughout your property and gets absorbed into floors, walls, furniture, and more. SERVPRO of Norcross and Duluth arrives quickly and starts the water extraction process almost immediately. This immediate response helps to minimize the damage and the cleaning and restoration costs. We have advanced water inspection, extraction, and drying equipment to mitigate as fast as we can. We will make sure your property is put back together, "Like it never even happened."
Need Emergency Service? Call Us 24/7 – (770) 858-5000
What To Do When Your Toilet Floods Your Bathroom?
Have Water Damage? Call Us Today – 770-858-5000.
Nobody wants their toilet to overflow. Especially if it ends up spreading to different areas of the house.
Did you know that there are a few common causes that lead to your toilet overflow? Those causes could be from clogged drain lines, carelessness, and even continuous running water. If you came home to a flooded bathroom, do not worry, we are here to help.
Here are a few tips.
What To Do When Your Bathroom Floods
- Turn the water supply off in the bathroom. This is your first step. Doing this will remove the immediate problem of running water.
- Clean up as much excess water as you can, if possible. Take a mop or some towels to get the excess water cleaned up.
- Call a plumber. They will come and help you find the source of the leak and fix the leak.
- File a claim. Call your insurance company, tell them what is going on. Depending on the damages, file a claim with your insurance company.
- Call SERVPRO of Norcross and Duluth today. We will dispatch a crew out to your home and get to work.
If your home or commercial building is affected by major water damage, give us a call, day or night!
Don’t forget about your winter to-do list.
Disaster from Frozen pipes? Call SERVPRO of Norcross and Duluth 24/7 at 770-858-5000.
Are you prepared for the cold weather? Don’t forget your winter to-do list.
- Check your property for downed tree limbs and branches. Wind, heavy rain, ice, and snow can cause branches to fall, which could cause damage to the property and potentially cause injuries.
- Roofs, water pipes, and gutters should all be inspected. Clear off debris that may have gathered during the fall.
- Inspect property, especially walkways and parking lots, for proper drainage to alleviate flood hazard potential.
- Inspect all handrails, stairwells, and entryways to address and correct potential slippery or hazardous areas.
- Protect water pipes from freezing by simply allowing water to drip when temperatures dip below freezing. If pipes are under a cabinet, leave the cabinet doors open, allowing warm inside air to circulate around the pipes.