Ten Things You Should Know About Mold
- Mold is found everywhere, indoors and outdoors. It is part of the natural environment. It’s usually not a problem, unless it starts to grow indoors.
- The best way to control indoor mold is to control the moisture
- Molds produce and release millions of spores small enough to be air, water, or insect-borne.
- Common indoor molds are:
- Mold often produces a strong, musty odor and can lead you to possible mold problem areas.
- Reduce indoor humidity to decrease mold by:
- Using de-humidifiers
- Use the air vent in the bathrooms
- Increasing ventilation
- Using the exhaust fans whenever cooking
- Fix the source of the water problem or leak to prevent mold as soon as possible.
- Clean and dry any damp materials and furnishings within 24-48 hours to prevent mold growth.
- Do not install carpeting in areas where there is a perpetual moisture problem such as basements, kitchen etc.
- The best way to find mold is to look for signs of mold growth, water staining, warping, or to follow your nose to the source of the odor.
Concerns about Mold? SERVPRO of Norcross is here to help! Call us today at 770-858-5000.