Summer Safety Tips
There is nothing like firing up the grill during the summer months! Did you know, Summertime is the season for grill fires? A backyard barbecue can become dangerous quickly if proper safety precautions aren’t considered. Your local SERVPRO of Norcross wants you to have an enjoyable and safe summer. Consider the following tips to help ensure your summer celebrations are disaster-free!
- Propane and charcoal BBQ grills should only be used outdoors.
- The grill should be placed well away from the home, deck railings and out from under eaves and overhanging branches.
- Keep children and pets away from grill area.
- Keep your grill clean by removing grease or fat buildup from the grills and in trays below the grill.
- Never leave your grill unattended.
- When using a charcoal grill, let the coals completely cool before disposing of in a metal container.
- Anyone using fireworks or standing nearby should wear protective eyewear.
- Do not try to re-light or handle malfunctioning fireworks. Keep a bucket of water nearby to fully extinguish fireworks that don’t go off or in case of fire.
- Children should never pick up fireworks that may be leftover as they may still be active.
The safest way to enjoy fireworks is to attend a public display conducted by trained professionals