Spring Home Maintenance Tips
Spring has arrived and it has welcomed us Georgians in a bipolar way. We are still not sure if we should keep are heaters around or put them up. It’s also that time of year to conduct some home maintenance that will help homeowners avoid big repair bills later on.
- Inspect your roof; it is your home’s first line of defense against water damage.
- Clean your gutters; it directs the rain away from your roof and home
- Clean or replace HVAC filters; a dirty filter forces your heat, ventilation, and AC system to work harder.
- Check the washing machine fill hose; sometimes a leaky hose under pressure can cause water damage in a short period of time.
- Clean your dryer vent; a clean vent will help reduce the time your dryer has to run, while a plugged vent not only wastes money but could cause a house fire.
- Replace the batteries on your smoke detectors; you never know when you will need them.
These tips may take a few days to complete but take it one step at a time and you’ll get them done.