What To Do When Your Toilet Floods Your Bathroom?
Nobody wants their toilet to overflow. Especially if it ends up spreading to different areas of the house.
Did you know that there are a few common causes that lead to your toilet overflow? Those causes could be from clogged drain lines, carelessness, and even continuous running water. If you came home to a flooded bathroom, do not freak out.
Here are a few tips.
What To Do When Your Bathroom Floods
- Turn the water supply off in the bathroom. This is your first step. Doing this will remove the immediate problem of running water.
- Clean up as much excess water as you can, if possible. Take a mop or some towels to get the excess water cleaned up.
- Call a plumber. They will come and help you find the source of the leak and fix the leak.
- File a claim. Call your insurance company, tell them what is going on. Depending on the damages, file a claim with your insurance company.
- Call a Restoration Company. They will dispatch a crew out to your home and get to work.
If your Norcross home or commercial building is affected by major water damage, give us a call day or night!