Don’t forget about your winter to-do list.
Are you prepared for the coming cold weather? Don’t forget your winter to-do list.
- Check your property for downed tree limbs and branches. Wind, heavy rain, ice, and snow can cause branches to fall, which could cause damage to the property and potentially cause injuries.
- Roofs, water pipes, and gutters should all be inspected. Clear off debris that may have gathered during the fall.
- Inspect property, especially walkways and parking lots, for proper drainage to alleviate flood hazard potential.
- Inspect all handrails, stairwells, and entryways to address and correct potential slippery or hazardous areas.
- Protect water pipes from freezing by simply allowing water to drip when temperatures dip below freezing. If pipes are under a cabinet, leave the cabinet doors open, allowing warm inside air to circulate around the pipes.